Brazilian Honey Waxing Before and After Tips
For Best Waxing
Honey Waxing is the best method of removing unwanted hair.
By removing hair at the root, new hair doesn't grow back for up to eight weeks.
We make our process as comfortable as possible and
our honey waxing certainly helps our clients look great and feel more confident.
PRE WAXING TIPS
- If you want to get a first-hand idea of honey waxing and you're a waxing first-timer, it is a good idea to book an appointment for a honey procedure on a different body part before you decide to get a Brazilian Bikini Wax.
- Do not shave for at least 3 weeks prior to your appointment.
- As recommended for any waxing procedure, grow your hair a bit. A half inch should be enough to ensure that hair can be gripped and removed efficiently. (about 2 to 3 weeks after shaving).
- Exfoliate one or two days prior to the procedure; this is especially important if it's your first waxing.
- Hold a realistic expectation that the procedure will generate some pain and discomfort. If you have a low pain tolerance or you simply want to feel less pain throughout your waxing, you can take two painkillers around half an hour before the procedure.
- Be fresh and clean before your appointment and wear loose clothes to avoid irritation and chafing. (We recommend a hot shower right before the appointment and keep the skin dry. Do not use oil, lotion or anything else on your skin before the appointment.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity.
BEFORE WAXING Please do not:
- Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
- Use Accutane for at least one year.
- Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 48 hours.
- Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
- Use self-tanners, oils or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing.
- Avoid waxing for the first time ever or first time with a new kind of wax before vacation or before a special event or if you are pregnant because you/we never know how your skin will react to the first or new wax, even with the most natural and gentle wax, your skin can breakout and lead to an infection if not treated, if that happen your skin will need some time to heal. So just to be safe plan to have your first waxing ever or first time in a new place when you don’t have a special event/date.
- As you would with any other waxing procedure, avoid physical activities like exercise and intercourse for at least 24 hours. Remember that your skin is still vulnerable, the pores are open, so keep your skin clean.
- Stay in a cool environment.
- Wear only loose clothes made of natural fibers and avoid synthetics.
- Stay away from hot tubs, hot showers, hot baths, sunbathing and tanning for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- Use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser bar soap or body wash on the whole body for best skin after waxing. Avoid soaps that has moisturizer like Dove or has oil like Dr. Bronner’s to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Use Aloe Vera gel or an antiseptic product like Witch Hazel to soothe redness and sensitivity. If your skin breakout use Hydrocortizone 1%. If any irritation persists for over 36 hours, consult a doctor.
- To avoid or treat any ingrown hair try Fur Oil and Serums (available for purchase at Honey Waxing locations)
- Stay away from razor touch-ups and tweezers while you wait for the next appointment! You'd be disrupting the growth cycle.
- Keep in mind that you might have to come back a little sooner (around 4 weeks instead of 5 or 6) if you are a Brazilian waxing newbie.
Please take our expert tips and advice into consideration before you book your appointment!
We do our part in keep everything clean and sterilized, in using natural products, free of chemicals and making you very comfortable and doing the service as fast as possible to make your experience less painful but well done.
If you choose to have a waxing service done at our business with our Independent Contractors Licensed Estheticians, you should be aware and understand that there are often inherent risks associated with skin care services/waxing. It's not very common but It could happen that your skin react with unfavorable results including, but not limited to allergic reaction, irritation, burning, redness, soreness, pimples that can lead to infection if not treated, and that can happen at any time and is out of control of our waxers/service providers how your skin will react with our wax and our technique. You will have to agree that as a condition of providing these services now and ongoing basis, you will not hold this salon/service provider liable.